All audit evidence are deemed reliable. Audit evidence should be sufficient and appropriate. Auditor’s should acquire accounting records and reliable information.
Compare different audit evidence:
- Outside sources evidence are more reliable than internally generated audit evidence because they are persuasive rather than conclusive.
- Audit evidence coming from effective internal control evidence are more reliable than ineffective internal control.
- Direct knowledge are more reliable than indirect knowledge. Auditor’s direct knowledge.
- Orally and written or documentary evidence. Written representation are more reliable than oral evidence.
- Original documents are more reliable than photocopies of evidence.